Thursday, November 6, 2008

OH-16: Congressman Major John Boccieri - "Thank You!" Edition

Boccieri Banner



Dear Ohio's Fighting 16th District,

This Tuesday night, all of the time you have put in knocking on doors, making phone calls, helping out with events and contributing what you can over the past year and a half finally paid off.

Together, we have brought a historic change to the 16th Congressional District. For the first time since 1948, the voters here have elected a Democrat to serve in the U.S. House of Representatives.

I am honored to accept this awesome responsibility. But as I said over and over again on the campaign trail, this race has never been about me or my opponent - it's about you. It was your struggles and hopes for the future that motivated me, and it was your hard work that made the difference on Election Day. I can't thank you enough for all that you did.

Tuesday was a historic night. But now, the real history-making begins. It's time to roll up our sleeves and get about the work of the American people: creating new jobs, negotiating fairer trade deals, ensuring health care coverage for every American and bringing our troops home from Iraq safely, honorably, and soon.

I could not have gotten to this point without your support. Now, as your next Congressman, I need your help even more. I want you to hold me accountable every day that I'm in Washington, ensuring that I'm always putting your needs first and your interests ahead of special interests.

America is facing some of the biggest challenges we've seen in at least a generation, and only together can we overcome them and restore the hope and promise of our great nation.

Thank you once again for standing with me throughout this campaign. I will never forget your energy, dedication, and unwavering support.

Sincerely,
John Boccieri

As the Editor of OH-16: John Boccieri for U.S. Congress, it has been my great pleasure to follow Congressman Major John Boccieri across Ohio's Fighting 16th District. I only can echo John, "...it's about you. It was your struggles and hopes for the future that motivated me, and it was your hard work that made the difference on Election Day. I can't thank you enough for all that you did."

Everytime John called on us to "Stand up!", we delivered. We saw the GOP noise machines try to blur the issues of this race, but we stood up, unrelenting.

Now, we have come to see the pay-off. But, we must be clear on one important issue, the battle against the "Potomac Villagers" has only begun.

I can only imagine the tears of pride that will hit the corners of our cheeks as Congressman John Boccieri delivers to Ohio's Fighting 16th over and over, again.


I want to kick-off the 2010 election cycle with my favorite part of the 2008 cycle:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What ever happened to all that wind from WMD?

Anonymous said...

I wish i had voted Rep in the last election. Be assured I will in the next.